Thursday, February 2, 2017

So Happy Its Thursday!

Ahh Friday, you're just around the corner!  Who's ready for a weekend?  I know I AM!

Another busy day, and if you haven't gotten the picture yet, every day seems to be a busy one!  Working all day, helping out in other locations, then a stop at the UPS store to drop off a package to Mom - it's her birthday in a few days!  With any kind of luck, my box will arrive on time.  If not, just a day late.  Weird thing is it cost more to ship the item than the item itself.  UGH.   If I could have found one online, I might have gone that route, but it was something I found in a store.  Oh well.

Got booked on a flight, so my mini vacation is all set.  I'm crossing my fingers that my son doesn't mind watching Sadie while I'm gone.  If he will watch her at my house, I'm even willing to stock the fridge with his favorite eats!

Then it was a trip to the vet.  Back in July, Sadie had an ear infection in both ears.  While one ear cleared up, the other never quite healed up and it's inflamed again.  I asked about a different option than pills - Sadie just will NOT take them - so they gave her a shot that lasts 14 days.  It was twice the price of pills but worth it to not have to hassle with that part.  As it is, I'll be putting drops in her ears every day, and she doesn't like that part much either!   Since July, she's lost 1.5 pounds.  For a pug, that's nearly a miracle --- she sure loves to snack!

Related imageI shopped online during lunch and found a brand of collar that's designed for dogs with a thick neck and chest, made by Puppia.  I'm anxious to try it out.  I've had several different collar styles, but they're either too narrow in the neck part, or too tight around her chest.  Having a pug on a neck collar when wearing a leash works for Sadie as long as no people or pets cross our path.  When a pug lunges on a neck collar, you can damage their throat parts.   I'm crossing my fingers this harness works like I think it will!  And of course, I got it in pink!  

After all that, it's time for a shower, then chill in bed with a rousing game of Spider Solitaire!

No comments: