Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Hello My Name is Doris

 Six years ago I went to see this movie with my Aunt Margie.  And I remember laughing, chuckling, giggling through the whole movie.  Today I discovered it on HULU and so I watched it today.  And isn't it a strange how your viewpoint of a movie depends on your own place in the world?? 

I didn't laugh so much and felt more empathetic about the overall theme of the movie.  I ~so~ wanted laugh through the movie.  I think because I've felt the pressures of the possibility of having to move that I could relate to Doris when her brother was trying to "help" her get rid of things in her house.  She told them "No!  No! NoNoNoNoNoNo! NO!!!!!" That everything had some kind of sentimental value and she didn't want to move!  

Yeah.  I've been feeling that way quite a bit.  I don't want to move.  I worked my butt off to buy my own house with my own money after starting completely over after three divorces.  What's here in my house is mine, nothing has been shared with anyone else.  I got rid of all the "stuff".  Although I confess I kept photos because I can't un-do what was a part of my kids' life.  But that doesn't mean I wallow in the memories.  

It's never too late for new experiences is going to be the motto I take away from this movie today!

After finishing the movie, I'm having a couple of second thoughts.  I think feeling the way I do about this movie today has to do with the fact that I've been .... pondering some "what if .." situations about a man I loved many many years ago.  I am too practical and realistic to actually do anything about it.  And I've been alone for too many long years.  But feeling lonely is only temporary.  Then I get busy again and those thoughts go right out the window. 

Weird thoughts that end up all over the board seems to be the standard for me lately.  Somehow I need to find some kind of focus, something different to occupy my time (since I'm done sewing masks for the gals at the hospital where my daughter works!)  Maybe a totally different art project.  Maybe more work on my scrapbooks.  Or ......  well, it's a blank slate for me.  I can do anything I set my mind to do! 

Pin on Movies


No comments: