Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weigh In Weds

Well, I'm back to doing my weigh-in Weds.  I don't have money to hire a trainer this spring, altho if I came into some Lottery money, that's what I'd get!!  But that doesn't mean I can give up on my goal --- to lose 35 lbs by my birthday at the end of July.  Statistically speaking, if I lose 1 lb a week, I can make it, and dang, right now that sounds really easy!!  Ok, maybe not easy, but do-able.

But then there are days like today .... stress is when the cravings kick in.  I splurged on some Hershey's covered pretzels today.  It only ruined my day by 300 calories, not bad considering I made sure I headed to the gym for a good workout.


Faced with a time crunch, I boogied on the elliptical for a mile, did my stretches, my crunches with a medicine ball, some "seated torso twists with medicine ball" (sounds fancy, huh? lol )  and then hopped on the treadmill.  I've been avoiding it because I get some serious leg pain for some reason.  But I'm determined to get into some running.  Half Mile in 8 minutes - didn't push myself, wanted to see how the legs react to short intervals.  So far, only a few slight twinges, hoping some aspirin before bed will do the trick.  If not, I'll be having a nice long visit with my heating pad over the weekend!!

End result of the past week's work:  down 2 lbs.  *pat on the back*

(Don't you just love Maxine's viewpoints?? hahaha)


No comments: