Wednesday, October 23, 2019

A Tear Fell (LDPoetry)

Dear Brian,


a tear fell today
trickled down my cheek
and washed away a little pain
one drop at a time

like rains that caress
and shape the mountains,
a tear shapes and eases my hurt
one drop at a time

a tear fell today
sliding slowly down my face
and takes a small piece of hope
one drop at a time

like streams that trickle
moving rock down mountainsides
pieces of hope tumble away
one drop at a time

i know there will come a day
when pain is gone, hope returns
and my tears slow down
one drop at a time


There are days when I cannot let go of an image in my mind of you, and it haunts me at every turn.  It's not every day, or all day long, but lingers there like a shadow that doesn't go away.   At times I want to scream out "NOOooooo!!!"  and "Come baaaaaaack!!"   but I know that it won't change a thing.  

I had pizza for lunch today, and I thought of you.  
Not that I don't think of you every day, 
but sometimes there are things that make me think of you even more.  
Pizza, of course, is one of those things!  

Grocery shopping completed, I'm boiling chicken for supper, and hoping Sadie lets me sit in some sunshine this afternoon.  Her obsession of riding in the stroller has increased, and she whines at me to go.  Usually around 5:30pm every day!  lol silly dog

I love you.  Always.
Mom

No comments: