Sunday, August 2, 2026

Damn Phones

Do you ever want to throw away your phone????  

I am forever getting calls and texts I don't want. Too many and its overwhelming!!  And today I discovered there's an entire file of "spam" text messages .... something else clogging up our real life, and adding to the Google storage limits!!!!

FFS when does it stop???????

At least in "the old days", it was only stored on your desktop, and you didn't have to see/read it until you turned that PC on.

Now its one thing after another. 

Some days I just want to toss the phone. We have become acclimated to always being available. And we are cursed with so much information at our fingertips, that we are overloaded.  What started as "fun information" about friends and family has become a way to worm more advertising into our lives.

Way back in "the old days", I had cable TV as you could watch shows without advertising. Once advertising was inserted, I opted out of cable and haven’t had it since.  That's when owning movies on VCR then on DVD was great! 

Then when streaming apps started, I was willing to pay the few extra $$ a month for no ads.  If they take away that option, and corporations being what they are, it could happen. I'll opt out.

Wish I had opted out of FB when adverts started, but I liked being connected to friends and family far away.  Although I don't post there any more. 

We are so busy trying to "keep up" that they call it doom-scrolling.  I try hard to keep tech from intruding, but I still get sucked in from time to time 

Read a book, take a walk, create art. 



No comments: