Saturday, August 1, 2026

Too Small

My little house is too small for a lot of stuff.  Much of mom's stuff (a bookshelf and some miscellany with memories) has moved to my house because I don't know what to do with some of it.

My latest dilemma is a queen bed. Do I move the mattress and frame from her spare room into my spare room? It means I would have to get rid of the full mattress and underbed storage frame. 

Am I making too many compromises?  

Having a queen in the spare room would mean a place for my daughter and her husband to stay when they come up.  But is it worth it for once or twice a year? 

It was the same deciding to put a treadmill in the other spare room vs leaving it as a bedroom in case my granddaughter visits. The treadmill won last time.

So after some heavy thought, I opted to move the dresser in the spare bedroom into the closet, leaving enough wall space to move the bookshelves into that room, and making my living room feel less crowded and more like me.  

Its a bit of work, but I'm happy with the decision! 

And after another day..... I've completed the move, and arranged the tchotskies. I still have some cleaning out to do, and another trip to Goodwill, but I'm getting there! 

And its a very large feeling of relief having my living room back to normal. Its amazing how the weight of a room weighs a person down! 

No comments: