I saw a post about calculating time backwards and realized its exactly what I do!! If I need to be somewhere at 2, its takes 30 minutes to get there, so 130. I want lunch that's 30 mins, so 100. An hour to get myself showered and ready so thats 1200. I need to empty the dishwasher, take out the trash, vacuum, so thats 1100.
Well, you get the idea. My day plans backwards based on what needs to be done and what time I need to be there. I've always done this, I have always been a planner type person.
What surprised me is that not everyone does this. How do they get things accomplished in a day? How do they arrive on time?? Although I shouldn't be surprised. My sister wasn't the kind to be on time. In fact, we nicknamed her "LoriLate" because she was. Always.
Which has me wondering: is this a result of learning how to get things done? Or does it have something to do with being raised a certain way?
Its obvious I have mother issues, something I didn't allow myself to ponder or acknowledge until lately. So, did I learn to think in this backwards way because I grew up knowing that I had to have X, Y, and Z completed before I could do anything else??
I could so easily make a list of things I do that I'm only beginning to question, things I do because of something I grew up with that influenced my actions. And its quite easy to surmise that it affected my relationships ...
I'll continue pondering this. I need to meet mom at the dentist at noon, 15 minutes drive time, an hour's worth of household chores, so I need to stop writing and get working in 15 more minutes ......
Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment