Do you have a "go to" when life is upsetting?
I do.
Being a girl, the first go to's are sweets, like chocolate, or salts as in potato chips or French fries.
But sometimes I just like to curl up and relive great, private memories. One of a kind dates, or was it one of a kind men?? Either way, good memories. And they bring me comfort in those dark hours when I can't seem to get to sleep because my mind doesn't juat turn off the upsetting thoughts going on in the present.
Bit why is it those great memories seem to exclude ex husbands? Does the negative stuff that happens, things that are said, erase the good times that were surely there at one time?
And maybe its that way with my "mom stuff" as well. There were good times growing up, but mostly that included friends .... which precludes the same question: did the negative stuff in my relationship with her crowd out the good times?
Yes, these odd thoughts are troublesome at times, because we can't change our past, we should just learn and move on. But moving on from relationships can be difficult, or is it the difficult ones are relationships related to us?
When you have no children with your divorced husband, it is easy to move on because there are no real life issues to be dealt with. IE even after your kids are grown adults, you still have occasions where you deal with exes- weddings, funerals, the birth of grandchildren-- you aren't ever completely done, making it harder to move on.
So I curled up last night remembering a great date, and fell asleep, but woke up after dreaming about Joe Pike and his red jeep .... he's a character in a series of books I read. lol
At least the things I was worrying over had left my mind for a few hours! hehehe
No comments:
Post a Comment