The original Sound of Silence was performed by Simon and Garfunkle, back in 1964. As a kid, I was like 5, music didn't have much of an impact on me, rather just nice melodies in the background.
This was a common song, played often on the radio. By the time I was a teenager, I knew the words to this and Bridge Over Troubled Water, both iconic songs for the times.
But in 2016, it was performed on Conan, by Disturbed. That is THE dreamiest version of the song I have ever heard. David Draiman performs with an orchestra (love the kettle drums!).
His voice control is amazing. He made the song come alive, and I have watched this over and over, and over again. He starts out in a smooth baritone and finishes with a raw edge in his voice that leaves tingles!!
As the song builds to an amazing crescendo, when he sings the final sound of silence you can actually feel the audience in stunned silence themselves.
If music moves you, and you haven't seen this, search for Conan and Disturbed. You won't be sorry!!

No comments:
Post a Comment