Friday, July 17, 2026

Letting Go

All our lives, there are things we need to let go. Some are easier than others.  Letting go after high school graduation can be a major letting go. We lose our daily routine and the friends we see every day.

As we move through life, we have other things we let go, relationships, homes, friendships.  And then there is family we let go of, usually through no choice of our own.

I have had my share of letting go. My grandparents have died, along with my father, my sister, and my son. He was my hardest letting go.

After he died, I had to let go of some of his things. And I kept some things. But its been seven years, and it was time to let go of more of his things.  His favorite night light was a small guitar lamp.  

The smaller things haven’t been as hard to let go as the next things:  his guitars.  So I was looking on the internet and found G4V - Guitars for Vets.  And I thought that might be a place to contact, see if they're willing to take his guitars and put them to use by someone who has a need and a want.

I'm still pondering; it will be difficult for me to let go of those final things.  *sigh*

Letting go of things is a part of life, something we should all be better at. 


Thankfully, the clouds finally "let go" and we woke up to rain!! 

No comments: