Thursday, July 2, 2026

July 2nd

For me, July 2nd, 2019, defines my Before and After.  My life After has been so very different from my Before.  

July 2 is the day my son died by suicide.

And it left behind so many questions that will never be answered. So many guilty feelings that are hard to cope with. And it left an empty hole in so many lives.

I've read a lot, commiserated with other parents dealing with the same situation. We all share the same ... blank answers to questions that will never be answered.

One of the ways I coped was writing him letters every day, sometimes expressing the hurt, sometimes just telling him family gossip. It was a good way to cope, to feel connected.

I still do these things, just not as often. 

I miss him every day.

Pizza and Pepsi for dinner tonight, and looking at some photos, remembering all the good times.  Cherish those memories.



No comments: