Another strange Mom day. I don't know if its a change in meds, or her having too much time on her hands to think.
Its arizona monsoon season and when it gets rainy we get what we call sewer roaches indoors. She tried spraying one on her bathroom floor with Lysol air freshener. lol
Then she complimented the shirt I was wearing, something I nabbed from what I call "the rag bag" --- which is really the back of the closet.
Next was a rant about the mop board in her bathroom below her sink. She wants me to buy some white paint to cover the water stain. I said Ma, you don't own this place, that's something maintenence takes care of. This was also her passive-aggressive way of saying she wanted me to get some paint and to DO the actual painting for her. Nope.
I try to maintain my cool when she gets on one of her rants. It's not always easy, but why stir up a fight? I don't win, and it gives her more to throw back at me.
But it was a beautiful sunrise this morning- what I call cotton candy clouds. It pays to stop and take notice of the little things.

No comments:
Post a Comment