I'm old. I will be 67 in 3 days. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks. But that doesn't mean old dogs should stop trying.
We live in a different world than when I was growing up. Learning came from doing, or from books. But these days there's Google, and I like being able to learn things, even if its just trivia.
Mom watches Heartland. The main character Amy is a horse woman in real life, and the horse on the show, Spartan, is her real horse. See? You learned something new! And she really sings, along with Jack, who really plays guitar.
I Google plenty of things when I read. Someone drives a 1972 Ferrari, I look it up. Watching TV (Stay Close on Netflix), there's a sculpture in a park, had to look it up. "Dream is a sculpture and a piece of public art by Jaume Plensa in Sutton, St Helens, Merseyside."
I do the same with music, if someone is listening to a specific tune, I look it up and listen.
Theres no shortage of things to know. Even if they're not relative, like learning math or English. Its still knowledge
Never stop learning.

No comments:
Post a Comment