In the funny, not funny, category, I got a call from Mom yesterday. She couldn't watch TV and couldn't figure it out.
As usual, I had to take time out to help her go through the steps of turning off the power to her TV on the power strip. She has a tendency to flip it off and right back on, the tv never seems to cycle completely off that way.
So she flicks the power strip off and we wait 60 seconds. While we're waiting she starts the tears and the why me's? Why does this always happen to me? Of course, living with analog tv most of her life, you turned it on, and it was always there. Smart tvs need to warm up, reconnect, whatever, and she just doesn't get that.
Once the crying starts, and the "can you come over" commences, my patience begins to run low. In 7 months of living there, we have gone through this scenario several times. I have to keep taking a deep breath to compose myself, not wanting to rant at her.
I told her to give it half an hour, and I would pop in and see what buttons she pushed. TV always starts up just fine when I am there.
But 15 minutes later, she calls back and says its working. I'm sure she kept pressing buttons on the remote until something worked because that's how she is. hehehe
Patience and acceptance. They can be in short supply these kinds of days.
In the meantime, sunset at 7:34pm with a dust storm here in the Valley of the Sun causes your windows to glow almost orange. Now if only it would rain........

No comments:
Post a Comment