We had some high heat Friday. Phoenix broke a record at 117. I usually keep my thermostat set at 83. And my AC unit keeps up pretty well. So why does it feel so much hotter?? Because I know it's that much hotter outside? Probably the humidity, I prefer our usual 10%.
My bedroom has two outside walls, so I'm wondering if I should sleep in the spare bedroom? Or on the air mattress in the living room?
Except I sleep that much better in my own bed. In my own room.
Either way, the heat can be brutal. Drink, drink, drink.
And the next day, its 106 at 10am. Whew.
I remember one of my first few years here, I was going to run to the corner store, I hopped in my car and the dash read 124 degrees. I wonder if my car said that yesterday, as well?
Here's my mantra for the next 45 days, "hurry up September 15th!!" By then the days are short enough to be able to feel the reduced heat.
One day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment