Are you a suspicious type? I think I'm becoming that way. It's been a slow evolution. At least, I hope so.
So that had me wondering .... how did this happen? Its not like a major event happened, I wasn't attacked or anything.
I do like reading mysteries and suspense thrillers, and definitely have an active imagination (maybe overactive at times?)
Since I live alone, I don't answer my door. A little over the top? Maybe. Today, someone knocked on my door. Rang the doorbell. This went on for almost 15 minutes before he gave up. Usually, they leave after a minute or two. This guy was very insistent. I didn't have an appointment, and stood there alternately staring and opening my phone with 9-1-1 dialed, even though I didn't press the green button.
I don't want to live always fearful, but at the same time I want to keep myself safe. I'm hoping he had an appointment with someone else on my street and finally realized his mistake. He's been gone about an hour now, and I'll do one last walk around for peace of mind so I can sleep.
I remember growing up, we never hesitated to answer the phone or open the door when someone knocked. I don't answer the phone anymore unless they're in my contacts. And what's up with the new technology that can duplicate your voice to agree to whatever pitch they're making????? How do we protect ourselves against that? Frankly, we're kept so busy changing passwords and protecting ourselves against so many things .... well it sure doesn’t make life pleasant.
No comments:
Post a Comment