I love it when fact and fiction go hand in hand. I'm reading a JA Jance book, and she mentions a meeting being held at the church in Tucson at the corner of 22nd and 6th.
Because I'm an internet junkie, I look up things as I'm reading all the time. Sure enough, there IS a church on that corner.
And hard to believe, as my son and I were in Tucson, on our way back home, we passed by this very church and decided to stop in, have a look around.
Its the Santa Cruz Catholic Church built in 1916-1918. "The Santa Cruz Catholic Church, or Santa Cruz for short, is significant for its construction using unstabilized mud-adobe bricks made in the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation. It is also the largest known mud-adobe building in Arizona, and the state's only surviving example of a major public building built of adobe. Santa Cruz was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994."
I have a passion for visiting old buildings, especially ones not renovated to be "modern". This was a good one to visit!!

No comments:
Post a Comment