When there are a million things going on atound you, and you're the one left making almost all the decisions, how do you juggle?
There's never an end to the decision making for me. Mom is constantly needy, wanting things, having me order them, but when they arrive they're not what she wanted.
Then there's the bills and the mail. Lately, she decided she wants to register to vote because she moved. Yesterday, I explained that I hadn't made any phone calls re that because it was the weekend. But she won't be letting it go.
There are my own issues to deal with as well. I'm not getting any younger, and have to have my finances and trust in good order as well.
My nephew asks if I will watch the kids so he and his girl can go to dinner. Forgive me if I selfishly say no, I can't.
I have tried using my method of To Do lists to help me make decisions. But every day the list grows longer, I never feel caught up. So in reposonse, I do nothing. Or as little as possible. And that's not the right thing, either.
In my ask to Google (or am I supposed to call it Gemini?) it suggested breaking it down, doing only 2 or 3 decisons, then letting it go. To scheduling a time frame to make decisions, ie one hour of decision making tasks, and letting it go until the next day. My brain isn't the kind to "let go". Which is why they invented games on our phones, right? lol
I think I'll try a combination of these concepts, making a list, committing to an hour to accomplish things on the list, and putting it aside until the next day.
I'd just like to all be done. But that's not going to happen in the real world. There will always be something we need to decide on.
What's for dinner???????
Ps: I committrd to an hour, got three things off my list. *whew*
No comments:
Post a Comment