I've been thinking about how a person can come into your life for a brief moment but can have a profound effect on us.
Sometimes its just the briefest thing, a word of encouragement, a smile, or even just a soft touch.
Think back on the people who might have influenced you. It's not always those people who are in your life in a major way - a spouse, a parent, an aunt - but just small moments that makes you remember it for a long time.
I had a boss who was churched and must have recognized a need in me, briefly touched my forehead, eyes closed, said a brief prayer. We never talked about it, but it stuck with me.
The same with a short convo with Joe. In that moment, he told me I was beautiful and introduced me to the music of Joshua Kadison -- My fav album of his is Painted Desert Serenade. I still listen 20+ years later.
Then there are those who come to you when you have a profound need; you may not even realize the need, you just accept it in the moment. And think about it for years.
Those are your people.
At the same time, do you make the effort when you happen to notice a need in someone else? A kind word goes a long way, it could be a moment that is remembered for years afterward.
We should all do our part. And be grateful to those who did their part for us.
A big thank you to those I call my people. You are remembered. And loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment