I am always there early/on time, and the first thing I usually do is clean and straighten things up so that the rest of the day flows smoothly and by 8am, well into doing the normal stuff. Today? I didn't even begin the normal routine until 1pm. Yes. That's what a mess I walked into after One. Day. Off.
The main printer was offline because it needed a "maintenance kit" installed. You change one main roller in the back, and two rollers for each paper tray. But no, they waited until I arrived. Another mess left: a box of hazardous pool shock left on the floor of my area for me to deal with. Then there's running all the reports that didn't print because the printer was off-line. The store ran out of paper towels and why?????? *sorry, not a mind reader* The powers that be (higher up) have a limit of 2 cases of paper towels to be ordered each week. (We use about 10 cases a week.)
Is having a day off worth it??? Hmmm. Most times I answer that with a "no". But it's really not fair that things are left for me. I'm getting old(er) .... what would happen if I had to have two weeks off?? My BigBox store sounds like it would fall apart! ( lmao, we are ALL replaceable in the world of retail!)
but some days....... grrrrrr.......
Nothing sounds better than a hot shower, an ice cold bottle of water,
and crawl into bed to watch some Antiques Roadshow.
Unfortunately, it's Tuesday. Guess it'll be Frasier - get me a few laughs in!
No comments:
Post a Comment