"The link between cleaning and thinking". I read that line in a book today, but its nothing new. At least not for me.
When I was raising kids, and something would go wrong, I would use my anger to fuel a cleaning spree. For me, cleaning lets off steam, and also clears the mind, let's you see more than one side of your anger.
Of course, it wasn't always the kids who were the source of my anger. I had plenty of that with ex husbands. That's when my house was the cleanest! lol
Living alone and being older, I don't have much to be angry about any more. Needless to say, my house doesn't get that deep clean as often!
I'm not sure what fuels other people to house clean. Or what others do with their anger. It's been my coping mechanism since I was a teen. Sometimes it felt like I was alone in this peculiarity; now that I'm older, I don't care, its who I am.
And I'm ok with that!

No comments:
Post a Comment