Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Music Documentaries

Today on Netflix I found a documentary called Tricky Dick and Johnny Cash.  When Nixon was President, I was young and didn't know much about politics.  But I learned things about them both that was quite interesting.  I am a HUGE Johnny Cash fan, and loved finding new info on his life.  He played the White House in 1970 for President Nixon.  His songs conveyed his feelings, his love of his country.  


And since I was in a mood, I hooked up "I'll Be Me", on Tubi, which is Glen Campbell's story of the end of his career. He struggles with Alzheimer, has trouble remembering day to day things, but on the stage, he can still belt out his wonderful songs.  Its truly a wonder what he could accomplish.  I appreciate how his family was willing to share this with the world.  He was definitely a Rhinestone Cowboy!



No comments: