Friday, April 26, 2024

Officially Old!

Yes, I am finally of "a certain age."  I received my Welcome to Medicare packet.  And maybe just in time!  

I have been laid up this week with a pinched nerve in my back.  Its been lots of ice and heat and laying around.   Frankly it's boring.  I took myself off to urgent care since my primary care physician was booked up.  I was prescribed a steroid series and a muscle relaxer.  I've always been sensitive to medications, so every time I take one, I end up napping.  

Another doc visit today because if this doesn't clear up, I'll be on LOA soon, as I'm running out of PTO.  I can't remember the last time I missed this much work without some kind of surgery.

Just how much TV can a person watch? How many books can you read?  Ugh.

Being that I can't drive while taking the muscle relaxer, I ordered groceries online and had them delivered yesterday.  Thank goodness for having Walmart+ .  Stuff arrived on time and I'm grateful I didn't have to scramble for meals!  

Ding!  Alarm just went off, time to lay down on another ice pack!   Be well!



No comments: