Sunday morning meant starting my new position in the store. It didn't go well, and I had to leave after the first hour. Saturday night was a chilly night so lots of blankets on my bed. For some reason, I got a Charlie horse in my left leg -- usually happens when I don't drink enough fluids -- and when it hit I knew right away that I had to get out of the bed and stand on it. Which means my right leg was frantically trying to kick the blankets out of the way. Somehow, I pulled a muscle deep in my hip. As the day progressed, I couldn't stand straight, shuffling from room to room I looked like a question mark all bent over.
Not my first time having strange muscle pulls, I knew I had to ice it so I sat on my couch on ice for 20 mins, shuffled around for 10 minutes then sat on heat for 20 minutes. I did 3 cycles of this and by 10pm was able to finally able straighten out enough to lay down in bed. Needless to say, I stayed home from work for just that little bit extra healing.
Meanwhile, I spoke with my neighbor; he has a notice from HOA to have his house painted. Heck .... do mine too! Its being quoted. Fingers crossed.
Here in The Valley of the Sun, mail isn't delivered to our homes. We walk to a locked mailbox unit at the end of the block. Not sure what happened, but its no longer secure and we have to pickup our mail at the post office for the time being. Sigh. Good thing I'm off today!

No comments:
Post a Comment