I am going to need therapy after tonight. I got that dreaded call from mom, in full blown panic, "I just cant live alone any more." Fk. Fk. Fk.
I hopped in my car, drove over. With stuff needed to spend the night. Ugh. I hate not sleeping in my bed. In my house. With my things.
Of course, when I get here, full blown panic over. A sort of passive aggressive behavior that is typical from her. Not her first rodeo at doing this.
I tried to be very calm, to figure out what happened between 515pm and 7pm. I tried to ask questions, to get answers about what's going on. "The pain never goes away." "Are you still taking the Tramadol." Her answers are vague, and I have to clarify the same questions again. She's afraid to "take more" than the 1 pill at night, and one in the morning. Even though the bottle is marked up to 4 pills per day. I asked if she wanted me to call the doctor to verify if she can take more. OK. Step 1 decided.
Then she's worried how to get off the Tramadol. I explained, again, that her appointment is coming up. Until then, she needs to keep taking it. So we can worry about it after she's had her appointment.
Can't figure out how she goes from A to Z other than its in her mind, from calm to full blown panic. I told her gently that if she doesn't tell me something, how can I help? But its getting difficult to be the calm reasonable one.
We shall see what tomorrow holds. But I need to have an honest convo. I can't live with her. I have to protect my own mental and physical health. Me sitting here with her all day ... is not healthy for me.
Assisted living? In home health care?
No comments:
Post a Comment