The bad news is my deductible is $2500.
And the rental car is on my dime, as well.
The insurance company says they'll try and "go after" the guy who hit me, but I'm guessing I won't see a dime.
But it ain't easy!
It'll take another huge chunk of time
to pay off another $3k in debt!
*sigh*
The good news is I woke up and wasn't feeling any ill effects from the accident, other than the normal nerves. The thought of getting behind
the wheel this morning threw me off my game
for a bit, made me physically sick for a bit, but
I sucked it down, pulled up my Big Girl Panties
and hit the road for work.
Dropped the car off at the dealership to get an estimate. Walked almost a mile to the Enterprise location to get a rental car. Yeah, they offered to pick me up, but I decided I needed to walk off the mad. lol I was back at work in under an hour! For once, that part all worked out :)
I'm in a black on black Mazda3 with bucket seats and a smallish racing style steering wheel; it feels odd to drive but I'm getting the hang of it. The hardest thing is the key fob. I usually wear mine clipped to my belt loop, but this one's too big!
Now we wait to see the estimate $$ and how long it's going to take them. With luck, I can be back in my car in 10 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment