Friday, May 5, 2017

Fri-i-i-i-day!

Prepping for inventory in a BigBox store = H. E. L. L.
Especially if you're one of those 'key player' types.
And I am.

Overtime was "no problem" to them --- but heck!  I don't really want it!  I keep my hourly position because I enjoy going home at the end of an 8 hour shift!   But not this week.   My week ended Friday at 2pm ... and I had a whopping 8.5 hours of overtime this week.  UGH.   I mean, frankly, I could have stayed home today and been ahead of the game for me.  Just not for work.  I was needed, and so I stayed, getting last minute things done.

It will be difficult to get through the next several days.  And probably more OT.  There are things I need to do, but I'm struggling and juggling work and home.

My mom and sis will be in town for three days visiting my Aunt, who has cancer.  She opted for no treatment, which means her time given was "3-6 months".  Doctors, they're pretty smart when it comes to making those predictions, but they're no match for a person with a positive attitude and a reason for hanging around longer!!  And I'm expecting that's what my Aunt will do.  She's 81, has always been full of life, and at the same time, very realistic and pragmatic.  We've always gotten along, and in the past three years, we have taken many trips to Calif together.  She's been an important force in my life!

My sis continues to do well with the chemo treatments that are working for her, too.  Rather than every two weeks, she has her visits every 3 weeks, which gives her body time to heal in between rounds.  I'm proud of how she continues to live life to the fullest, even when her body isn't operating at its peak!  She's tough ... just like my Dad!

Just past 5pm, and I think we broke heat records today:   106!  *whew*   That called for a stop for pizza, no way was I going to cook, too!  Now I'm ready for some serious sleep ... maybe with the help of a little Zzzzquil!

Happy Weekend, everyone :)

No comments: