It was my designated day to buy another car! It wasn't in the plan to buy a brand NEW car, but that's exactly what I did! Yikes!
I headed to the dealer at 9am (on my lunch hour!) and said I wanted to see their used 2016 Malibu I found online, and a new Chevy Cruze -- mostly to make comparisons. As we tooled around the lot on a golf cart, there was a sea of Chevy Cruzes lined 3 deep against the fence. There must have been 45 or 50 of them all lined up, ready to sell. I started peeking at this one, that one, looking at the options. I was certain I wanted a white one, with grey interior. Most of the ones white had black interior, there were a few blue ones, again with black interior. That must be the "new thing". Too hot in the desert for me.
And then I spotted one! It didn't have the extra package of a moon roof and stuff. It was the upgraded model, as I wanted to have cruise control. (For those who love irony, there were several Cruze models without cruise control!) The color is called "Iridium Grey Metallic". There's a hint of gold metallic in the sunlight! And, of course, it was the one at the end of the row, in the back. Took three salesmen to move the cars in order to get this one out. Yep. That's me, that's how I roll!
We took a little cruise around the main block. I put the first 5 miles on my new car :) It drives like a dream, but boy, the tech available in these new cars is amazing! OnStar of course, because it's GM, but 4G wifi? and it links to my phone? My phone now has an app for "find my car" ??? A bit more complex than the last cars I've purchased! But it was totally fun! (Except for haggling about the price and getting payments to where I need them!) I have a good warranty package
and shouldn't have to pay for car repairs for a
few years. That's a good load off my mind as well!
So I'm sitting here, happy about the new car - and dreading making payments again! The guys at Earnhardt Chevrolet treated me right, and it wasn't as much of an ordeal as I imagined it in my mind! I had to turn in my rental car, and they even took care of that for me!
Thanks, Danny and the rest of the guys, for making this as pleasant as it gets. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment