Friday, May 19, 2017

Shopping?? UGH

Well.  Today I got the bad news.  Because of the age of my car, and the damages to it, the insurance company is totalling it.   So now it looks like I'll be shopping for some kind of new/used car.  Not sure what I'll be wanting ....  the easiest thing would be to get another Impala like I have, only newer.  I'm OK with the Mazda I'm driving, but it seems on the small side.  I'm not a tiny gal, I like having room in my vehicle!

Image result for new car shoppingThe issue is going to be coming up with some kind of down payment.  I know the basic amount the insurance company is going to give me for my car (around $5500) and that'll be my down payment, but until I have that in hand, how can I shop for a car?  This is all new to me, a whole new experience for sure.  Online I found a sweet deal, what seems to be the right price, on something similar to what I had.  If memory and calculations are correct based on simple internet math, the payment would be do-able for me.  A stretch at times, but do-able.

Now it's just a matter of .... knowing which steps to take and when.
In the meantime, I'm in a rental car ......

No comments: