It's weird what you discover a parent keeps. I'm in the process of cleaning things out at Mom's, and even though I helped her pack and move three years ago, I am still amazed at how much she still has! I think I counted 48 kitchen towels! Haha
I opened a cupboard and found the steak knife set I had given them back in the early 1980s!!! I had just barely gotten out of high school, newly married, and that meant stepping things up when it comes to Christmas gifts.
This was also back in the days when we would go buy a few porterhouse steaks and grill them up for dinner! Yummm!
I definitely don't mind that she saved photos, but it will take some thinking as to what or how to handle them. Keep them intact? Or sort them by family and share?? I know I'll be posting the best of the best to our family Facebook page. But Mom kept every single pic anyone sent her over the years! And we're talking a LOT of years!!
Maybe I should celebrate this find and cook up a steak to enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment