Saturday, September 13, 2025

And More Waiting

Everything for the past 8 months with Mom has been a waiting game.  Get checked out, make appt for a test and wait two, three, four weeks. In-between its making sure she's doing what she should be doing.  Reminding her to drink water. Reminding her to do more than just sit.

Its hard to be between two difficult places: taking care of her and not doing everything for her. Its my opinion that she keep doing for herself. If I start doing the cooking and cleaning, she would sit in her chair even more.  But because I don't do those things, is she building resentment because "no one's taking care of her" ?

Caring for elderly parents is a fine line to walk.  Especially if you're trying to do it alone.  And the biggest problem for me is that I will probably be doing this for the next 10-15 years. That puts me at 75-80 and those years of mine will be gone. Hard to know what the right thing is!

Which also puts it on me to not let my own resentment build because I am "stuck" taking care of her when I want to get on with my own life. 

It's so hard when you live on the edge of waiting.......


No comments: