So very slowly, I am embracing the thought of change. I have lived in my house for 15 years now, and thought I would be here for many more years. And maybe I will. Some of that depends on mom.
My thought -- goal -- is to relocate to the Tucson area to be close to my daughter. If only there was a way to move my house, because its perfect for me! Ah well....
So with that thought in mind, if you look around at your "stuff", how much of it is just there and not part of your day to day function? That's what I have been doing, looking at stuff I don't use and wonder if I will need it in the next year? 5 years? 10 years? If only I knew how long. But I don't.
The perfectly free packing supplies are a diet coke 24pk box and Walmart bags from shopping. (Cant forget the roll of duct tape I found printed with Justin Bieber!!) Every time I finish off a drink box, I look around for things I can pack. Today, it was my fridge magnets and 3 pyrex bowls I haven’t used in six years. Last week it was Christmas ornaments that I haven’t used, either.
I haven’t told folks I'm doing this. It's just something I feel is going to be the right thing for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment