In life, we all have those who are like the wind beneath our wings, someone who encourages us, help us grow, to reach for a star.
I have had several. The first one who made a big difference for me was my boss, Ed. He called me Missy when I did something wrong, and encouraged me to reach outside my limited world. I was in my early 20s. He even counseled me when I was crossing a line I shouldn't. We were very close, he was like a father to me, who had seen more of the world, knew things, and most important, was willing to talk. I'm sure his importance to me had roots in the fact that my parents weren't talkers. But I am so thankful he was in my life!
The next one was my Aunt Margie. Again, she was willing to talk about anything, and willing to share her viewpoints. I admired her. She was my mother's sister. I still miss her very much, especially when I need advice!
Another one who had a huge impact was a friend of 20+ years. It was a friendship created in the digital age . He and I would read books and compare thoughts, research topics online and compare notes. In many ways we were opposites in our beliefs but were still able to carry conversations and friendship thru the years. Thanks Prof!
Its so important to have these kinds of people in our lives. But even more, to recognize them on the now rather than later!
So a great big thank you to those influential people in my life! We become who we are supposed to be with all the many people who influence us in so many ways! Don't forget that we also influence others around us, so be a good influence!!
No comments:
Post a Comment