What is it about a tv series that makes it timeless?? I've watched a lot of different series over the years. Back when I was a kid, a teen, there wasn't cable TV, so we watched the major networks. And now with streaming TV, we can watch just about any show we want, when we want.
So what makes a tv series so timeless that years later, we can watch again? I've watched M*A*S*H over and over, along with Frasier, ER, and NCIS, among others. What makes them so watchable?
My mother won't watch a rerun of anything. She also doesn't embrace new tv shows much either, unless they are game shows.
I think for me its the characters are what makes the shows re-watchable. I've found new series that I enjoy because of the characters as well. Suits, Lincoln Lawyer, Virginia River, Bull, The Pitt.
For me, watching tv is along the same lines of books I enjoy -- its the characters that draw me in, want me to get to know them. And if the book is part of a series, with the same characters I can follow along with their lives and adventures, the better it is!
It seems to be all about the people, good people. Bravo to the writers who create these characters for us to enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment