Tuesday, September 9, 2025

Datsun 280Z

Lately, my mind has trouble settling down. Especially at bedtime.  I keep reminiscing about days gone by. 

Last night I was remembering the days when I worked for Clarklift of San Jose, and we partied at 4th Street Bowl.  We affectionately called it choir practice, it was a weekly thing, every Thursday night.

In our group, we looked out for each other.  If someone had too much, we always made sure they got home safe.

One night, I hadn't had been drinking, but Gil had. He was a salesman, and drove a Datsun 280Z. I was young, and very impressed!  We hobbled and wobbled to the car, but no way would I let him drive.  He laughed, said "take care of my baby" and handed me the keys.  Driving it was like driving a dream!  

I dropped him at his place, made sure he was tucked in and drove myself home.  Good thing it was late, it wouldn't be fun explaining the car to my husband!!  Haha the next morning, I drove back, picked up Gil. Then we headed back to get my car and went on to work. 

Sometimes I wonder if I'm backsliding into memories because my life now, compared to then, is on the boring side!!


No comments: