In the past year, I've been experimenting with different cacti for my backyard. I shop at the different stores, and not knowing anything about most of them, I often purchase them based on their names, ie: Old Man of the Andes, or Red-Headed Irishman.
This is the
Red Headed Irishman
in bloom this spring!
This one surprised me!
in the lower right of this
lil guy, it starts out as an
ugly looking growth, then
stems up in a strange
brownish green, only
to bloom beautifully
in a few days!
(Can't find the catalog with
the real name of this one!)
One of the things about cactus when they bloom, the blooms never last long. So when you happen upon one, take a moment and enjoy the beauty! Within the next couple weeks, the Arizona State Flower (The Saguaro cactus flower) should be blooming as well. I'm hoping I catch one or two :)
No comments:
Post a Comment