Friday, September 20, 2024

80s Rock ROCKS!

"Nothing but a good time".  I happened across this on Paramount+ and its a montage of 80s hair bands.  This music is so iconic!  And the first band featured is Quiet Riot. I recognized Rudy Sarzo, and that brought back another memory ......

When I turned 40, a friend of mine got tickets to a night at a bar, with Quiet Riot playing.  Talk about a wild night! Cocktails and a concert.  This was 1999, so the 80s were over.  After the band played their set,  my goofy girlfriend ran up and asked the band to announce my birthday.  I was mortified!  I hate that kind of thing.  After the concert, the band did a meet and greet, signed autographs. 

Among that memory brings to mind my boys.  Brian and Doug *loved* hair bands, the 80s rock. So much that they bought guitars and learned to play so many of the songs.  I always liked taking credit for "raising my boys right, cuz they liked rock 'n roll" !!!

This is a great show that talks about the growth of 80s music and the history behind the scenes.  Excellent!

No comments: