Where did I leave off? Last I remember it was moving day -- and I had the house to myself for 4 days until I left on vacation, with my dog safe at my daughter's house.....
Texts fly back and forth, along with some one long conversation with my ex about the whole situation. Naturally, all this ensues and NOW he wants to be involved in his son's life. I didn't give him my own perspective, I just told him what happened to me over the course of time with this girl and Brian.... and let him make up his own mind. By the end of the convo, he was going to try to go to their place on Saturday to take them to lunch, get to know the girl..... by Thurs, they were already cancelling the "get together".
Another wonderful not-so-much sleep as I wondered and worried about what was *really* going on with him and her.....
Of course, it was "Mom, can I move back home" by Sunday via text, and of course I said "yes" - but not until I thought it through, because there isn't any way I was going to have him go back and forth over the next nine months...... After my plane landed, I headed straight for the apartment, got his things loaded into my car and headed home. I left most of the questions and talking for another time .... which was already in my head to use the driving time to Tucson to get my dog. (And yes, he talked the whole way there....)
There's no way to please a person who finds fault with everything you do, and with everything they thought you should be doing, as well. Having no say because its "all her money" doesn't make for a healthy relationship. If you're going to be roommates, all that needs to be spelled out. However, it was more than roommates, as she expected Brian to watch the little girl, and clean house, while she worked from home in the bedroom behind closed doors. At the same time, she was accusatory about him not having "a real job" as well. Um. Hello. But 'babysitting' and housekeeping is as real as it gets when it comes right down to it. (That's just my two cents... stay at home parents are very under rated and under appreciated!!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment