Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Antiques Roadshow

There aren't many TV shows that catch and hold my attention over a span of time, but Antiques Roadshow on PBS is one that does.  In my market, this show is on Monday evenings, 7pm.  I just love the stories behind the things people bring in.  So many folks have stuff they don't know anything about, its just "always sat on a shelf" somewhere.

And there are all types of different things ... from jewelry to furniture, rugs to swords, paintings to toys.  The ones who are collectors already, who buy and sell for a profit bore me; they already know they have a treasure, they just want to know some monetary value.  There are beautiful paintings, and others that make me exclaims "... that much for THAT??" because sometimes things with a lot of value aren't so pretty to look at.  hehehe  I especially like the things people bring in because it has sentimental value.  They don't intend on auctioning it off, they just want to know more about the history of the item.

If you ever get to wondering what I'm doing on a Monday night at 7pm ... now you know!  Its a good show to putter around the room as I watch - putting away laundry or getting things ready for the next day.  And if you have some spare time, check out PBS in your area and see if you don't get hooked on this show like I did! 


No comments: