Friday, July 19, 2013

To Know... or not?

It's been a long, blurry, stressful week for me here in the Valley of the Sun.  My father is 75, and had a colonoscopy last week.  They found some spots and wanted to do some surgery, which was scheduled for Tuesday.  When they got in there, they said they found some spots on his liver and in his abdomen.  The Big C.  The next step is a consult with an oncologist, of course, and I'm trying to come to terms with what I'm calling "the circle of life".


And while I'm processing everything, it got me to wondering.... would you want to know?

I'm sure that could be a long winded debate by both sides.  

I can't help comparing my Uncle Jim who passed away suddenly from a heart attack, or something drawn out like some cancers can do.  I keep thinking that no, it would probably be easier not knowing, to just live life to the fullest.  Which points out the obvious in our own lives:  are we living a life of good health?? 

William Londen said "To ensure good health:  Eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life."


When it comes to good health, most of the time we take the simplest things for granted.  Eating nutritious meals, breathing deeply, and getting enough sleep are things we should do on a daily basis.  If you aren't making time to maintain your good health, then start today!  There's no time like the present to build a foundation of good health!


No comments: