Lots of interesting things come across my feed. Today, it was about trauma and how the body holds on to trauma. There was a study of folks who had been through trauma and how some recovered better than others. It told of a possible link between healing the mind affects healing the body.
One of the things was acknowledging the trauma in your mind, talking it through, working it out. Whether through writing, or talking, getting the emotions and feelings out into the open rather than "moving on past" the event was what helped people recover in a more positive way.
Holding on to anger, resentment, bad feelings, causes chemical reactions in the body, which in turn could be part of physical ailments.
Interesting to read, and made me feel "ahead of the curve" because I have always been one to journal. I am not too shy about writing out the bad stuff, and probably share just a little more than I should. But I grew up in a household, in an era, where bad things weren't talked about, or acknowledged.
And that isn't healthy for anyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment