There's a saying: when it rains, it pours. Lately, thats how life has felt ... the little things are piling up and that makes them all seem bigger.
I washed my car early Saturday morning. And yes it sprinkled enough that night to leave a mess. With rain predicted later this week, washing the car will be put off until after!
I have new tires on my car, and the RF has a slow leak. Back to Walmart to have it checked. Seems I ran into a nail, and a staple with some wire wrapped around. I'm guessing I picked it up in Tucson when I was routed through a very sketchy neighborhood because of a wreck.
Blue Cross apparently did some kind of contract renewal mid year, and now my doc isn't in network. And neither is my mom's. So much for continuity of care!! For shame. Its all about the money. Except now its on to search for a new doc. Or maybe I'll just get refills on my Rx, wait six months to get another doc appt, because I can switch to some other Medicare Advantage plan with a different company.
I am tired of being a bag lady for mom. Get me this, order that, and carry it all to my room. Walmart implemented a minimum of $35 per order so if she doesn’t need that much, now I have to do her shopping in store.
Then there's the added chore of handling all her paperwork. Appointments. The amount of mail to run two households plus her assisted living is a LOT. Add in taxes, money management, and keeping everyone update. Its too much.
I'll confess. I thought about putting all this on her facebook page. Keep everyone updated at once, but .... she's the type who doesn't want anyone to know the real truths. Including her doctors!
Because I had 90 minutes to roam around inside Walmart, (waiting for said tire repair) I ended up buying a new flavor of their bakery cookies: decadent Cookies and Cream Brownie. Ohh man! Delish!
Which forces me to recognize (yet again) that when things are rough going, I reach for the sugar. Or maybe I just reach for comfort foods. I'm guessing that's a huge part of my growing up - reaching for food because I was lacking something else I needed. *sigh*
Even knowing it, and retraining my thinking for this past 2 years - denying every cookie, every lick of ice cream, pizza, burgers and fries - denial is a bitch!
I also know that in the bigger picture, these are all just minor annoyances. It's just that they keeping stacking up until it is all so overwhelming. And there's no relief valve to let it go. Maybe I should take up crying? I might become good enough to make the Olympic Crying Team?? hehehe

No comments:
Post a Comment