Tuesday, April 7, 2026

Is It Fair?

Watched my nephew's kids while he and his new fiancee went to dinner.  This is the third time in 6 weeks I have watched the kids while he goes out for a fun outing.

Is it fair?

It's common for a caregiver to feel a bit of burnout. It's a lot to take on, and my mom is .... extra needy.  

So when the young'uns get a night out, I am babysitting.  No one volunteers to take my place visiting mom. Or even just stop in for a short visit. 

So why do I keep saying yes??

I learned today that MrZ is now seeing a therapist.  I'm not sure of the reasons and I don't need to know.  He will struggle because his mom and his dad aren't together, and they have a hard time agreeing on things.  And now they're gonna add in a stepmother situation.   Talk about complicated. I know my kids struggled with some of that, but I was the consistent one, they lived with me and the only sharing was in the summer.  I hope that worked better for them. Maybe I was just as guilty in the raising kids dept.

I know there's a slogan "Just say no." Ok, it was from the 90s, but it still can apply.  Its something I need to apply more often. 




No comments: