Making decisions is something we all have to do every day. Whether you're still in school, just starting life as an adult, married, raising kids -- all of that comes with decisions.
Most of us don't pay attention to how many decisions we make, we just make them. For me, the realization hit me when I was deciding "what's for dinner". I was raising kids, working, etc etc. Every day it was the same "what's for dinner?" It's a never ending decision!! And it doesn't end after the kids are grown!
I'm usually pretty good at making decisions, getting things done. But I had no idea how hard it is when you're making decisions for another person, and that person has opinions of their own. And yes, I'm talking about mom.
Its easy making choices as the mom, or head of household, but I am now making decisions about mom's life. And she (usually) doesn't like my choices! If I suggest, she may agree, but then second guesses it at every turn.
So it drags me down, and down, and down. I try not to let it, but it keeps happening. Every time I think I'm done, she pulls up her phone and starts texting and/or calling. I always feel bad when I turn my phone off, but that's how I rebuild my sanity.
The next time you find yourself making a decision, think about how many you make, and be happy that you can still manage your own decisions. I dread the day my daughter has to start making them for me. With luck, it won't come to that!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment