Tasks, or chores, are one of those things that have become a necessity in our busy lives. Let's face it, though, how easy is it to put off those things that we tell ourselves we should, or will do??
When I was a busy mom with kids, wiping down the fridge, inside and out, was done regularly because it was necessary. Now that I live alone, there's not much going in and out on a daily basis. But it still gets messy from time to time.
I've decided its easier to let Tasks monitor those things that should be done more often than not. The fridge is one. Rotating my mattress is another. I try to do both every six months, but when life gets busy, its easy to forget the last time you did them. Changing the air filter for my AC is another. And as I was writing this, added Bug Spray as well! I spray the perimeter of my house twice a year, its not a cure all, but it helps.
I'm already set up for cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming and changing bedsheets, and it works out well! Sometimes its like having a boss, or a mom, who nags you that something needs to be done. Haha
So Tasks is it. Sort of like the list I would keep in a notebook. I could look back and see when I did it, or keep a note of the next time its due. But then I'd have to locate the notebook, read it at least once a week.
Tasks blurts it on my phone. I have them all scheduled for 8am so it appears like a To Do list each morning. I even started using it to log when I sprayed for weeds and for bug spray.
The technology is there. So why not use it to my own advantage? I tell myself I don't want to be a slave to my phone, but its very convenient!
No comments:
Post a Comment