Friday, April 10, 2026

I Escaped!

Without a word to mom, I hopped in my car and headed to Tucson to see my daughter ans son-in-law!  But as I get older, the drive seems longer. Or maybe it was the traffic doing that.

Usually, we all just zoom along ... but today, lots of construction and slowdown spots. Once it opened up past the construction, we started zooming only to be stuck in a slowdown again.  That happened over and over all the way.  Finally. Cortaro Road, a place to stop at Walmart, grab a drink and something for supper, and get back on the freeway.

There must be something big happening in town because we inched along on the freeway at a pokey 25mph - more construction for another 22 miles  Then again, Arizona is known for constant construction zones.

Then off the freeway, and just a half mile from the last turn, the road was closed for a wreck -- a really bad one. We were diverted off to a side street. Being from out of town, I decided to follow the crowd. We ended up on some back streets that I would normally NEVER drive down!!  

But finally, a familiar road, and I reached my destination!  What's normally just a little over 2 hours turned into 3 hours this time!

Still, was happy to escape!!

No comments: