I don't like change. With sameness and routine, you can accomplish tasks quickly. For 10 years, my FitBit app didn't change much. Sure, an update here or there but the basics stayed the course.
Now its owned by Google and this morning I woke up to check my stats and found my screen, in fact the entire app, has changed. And I had to reenter data.
The first was how much sleep do you want? Well, the ideal is 8 hours, right? Then it asked what time I wake up. 5am, because after 20+ years of the same work schedule, I can't change my internal clock. So it told me to go to bed at 9:00. But it didn't account for people my age who wake up during the night. To get 8 hours of sleep, I need more than 8 hours in the bed. (Yeah, getting old isn't what you think!)
With my FitBit app, I could control and see what data I wanted on one screen. I only had to click for details. Now I have to click or scroll to get data. Does Google get paid per click?????
Grrrrrrrrr
Then the food recordings ...... ack! It says my carbs goal is 296 per day. And calories is 1800. And protein is 136. If I eat that much, I will gain weight. I need NO help with that! And I am not sure I can have an app that keeps telling me I need to eat more. *sigh*
Have I mentioned that I hate change???
For activity for the week, it says I'm at 136% of goal. I haven't done much, certainly not enough, so how's this going to work?? No data for run distance. Hello! I am 66 and overweight, there will never be any run data. *smh*
Is it time for a new health app / data watch? If my FitBit Charge6 goes kablooey, I will have to look into others, I suppose. Will I still get "badges" for my yearly distance goals? I liked being told I walked a total of whatever miles ...... its the little things that bring us joy.
Maybe reconfiguring inputs. Have I mentioned that I hate change?
Folks, err companies, build a brand and gain loyal followers. They work hard to create what consumers want, and the brand grows.
But in the end, it all comes down to money.

No comments:
Post a Comment