Friday, May 29, 2026

Morning Light

I have always been a morning person. When I still had Sadie, my favorite time to walk was early. Watching the way the sky begins to ease from inky blue to lighter blues with a moment of lavenders in the mix before the golden yellow light paints across the horizon.  Not actual sunlight just yet, just the day breaking.

Sometimes it makes me wish I wasn't living in the middle of the 'burbs, but out near mountains, or the flat lands of a farm. 

I've always craved the simple life, easy joys. And yet I know that rather than wishing for the unrealistic, I should be looking for, and finding the simple things already built into my life.  Or maybe its not the finding so much as focusing on them. Because they're there, if we look. 

Even in the midst of a housing development, I can still see that morning sky. The sun doesn't just paint that golden yellow light across mountains, farms or the beach. It's painted across the houses and trees that surround me. 

I just need to make the effort, and focus.



No comments: