Sunday, May 24, 2026

No Pain, No Gain

Exercise is a dirty word!  But exercise is the one thing we can do to improve our health. But that doesn't make it easy! 

I started doing some easy, err relatively easy, tabata workouts. Simple, but repetitive, movements. Things my body hasn't done for a while.  And oh boy can I feel  it!  

They use the phrase "no pain, no gain" which tells me I'm gonna hurt when I do these things.  And I do!  I hobbled from bedroom to kitchen this morning. I nearly toppled over trying to get my pants on. 

Movement will probably lessen the stiffness, But a good heating pad works well, too!  Along with an hour's nap!!

I woke up and started moving slowly and worked up to doing two workouts. There may be a little pain again tomorrow .... but no pain no gain!

If you're exercising to improve your health -- good for you!  I'm going to try to stay committed this time, like every other time I've tried.  Maybe this attempt will be successful! No pain, no gain! 


No comments: