Like good books, good music can make your day. I've been spending a lot of time digging thru my music archives as I look for tunes to add to my slide show DVDs. Music adds a lot when you're watching pictures.
Its easy to dig up classic artists like Johnny Cash or Dolly Parton, but yesterday I was going for the older more obscure stuff. Country music in the 60s and 70s was some pretty good stuff - either that, or I'm partial because its a childhood memory. I grew up on the stuff.
I was remembering Bobby Goldsboro for some reason. Then Kenny Rogers. Even Buck Owens. All of these wonderful artists and more, mp3s on my computer.
But the song Honey was the song lyric that triggered: "See the tree how big its grown, but friend it hasn't been too long it wasn't big...."
We moved into our house in 1966. Out front was a scraggly magnolia tree. And over the years it grew and grew. When you see it every day, you don't notice it growing. Looking back at photos really brings it home that things change with time.
And so do we. Outward changes are obvious, inward changes not as much. But each day we learn, we grow, we change. Just as the tree was meant to grow, we are too.

No comments:
Post a Comment